- So long as I can help others, even a little, I am happy.
- … I think the only way to show our commitment to the community is by becoming active in it and by helping people who really need help.
- It is very exciting for Jan and me … that the charitable giving we believe in so strongly will continue beyond our lifetime through the Foundation.
- …the biggest pleasure I get is to be able to do something for somebody else. And I mean that from the bottom of my heart.
- Every organization needs volunteers and concerned people to give of themselves - in time, resources or caring about others.
- All of us only have a certain amount of time given to us and when you give some of that time to express your appreciation, I believe it is the most important thing you could do.
- The future of every community rests in the hands of its children.
- The main thing I think in this life is that you leave something behind…something that stands for what you stand for. And one thing I really stand for is our kids.
- As a community, we must realize that some young people require extra help outside their families to solve their problems and find direction in life.
- When we look around in our communities, we often find there are so many who need someone to care.
- I believe in sharing my success with others and I abide by the golden rule of doing unto others as I would like to have them do unto me.
- I was raised in the Depression … I remember. I remember what it was like to struggle and need help.
- Working together we can make a difference in our community, one child at a time.
- Everyone has something they can contribute to their community. It isn't just about money.
- The main thing is that you leave something behind. Never forget where you came from and try to give something back.
- … I think all of us leave some kind of legacy, not just to our family, but to the community and the people we've worked with and lived with.
- The motivation is children and education and giving the people of this community an opportunity.
About The Foundation
Established in 2000 by automotive pioneer Jim Moran to ensure his philanthropy would endure beyond his lifetime, the mission of The Jim Moran Foundation is to improve the quality of life for the youth and families of Florida through the support of innovative programs and opportunities that meet the ever-changing needs of the community.
The Foundation has invested more than $185 million in education, elder care, family strengthening and youth transitional living initiatives with efforts currently focused in Broward, Palm Beach and Duval counties.
During The Jim Moran Foundation's 20th anniversary, we are proactively awarding special grants to continue Jim Moran's legacy of kindness, compassion and generosity and have already committed more than $20 million.
With a $1 million grant from The Jim Moran Foundation in commemoration of its 20th anniversary, Holy Cross Health will establish the Holy Cross Family Health Center ...
Learn more about Jim Moran's legacy and The Foundation's community partners in our 20th Anniversary issue of Giving Back...
Through personal commitment, hard work and support from Healthy Mothers Healthy Babies of Palm Beach County, Caps & Cribs graduates are prepared for bright futures...